Anakin Links

Follow Anakin The Two Legged Cat on,


Anakin's Facebook PageAnakin's TwitterAnakin on PintrestAnakinTwoLegs on InstagramAnakin's Tumblr Anakin's TikTok Anakin's YouTube Channel

Thursday, July 12, 2018

YouTube Video, Arya's Rescue & Recovery

 

I finally made a video about Arya when we rescued her last year! This Video cover's Arya's Rescue and her first 3 weeks with us. August 27, 2017 - September 18, 2017. Here is what I originally wrote when I posted about her on Anakin's website & social media places... (8/28/2017) Our new baby! She was in the middle of the road in my brother-in-law's neighborhood & not moving. Cars were just driving around her like she wasn't there! She ran into someone's yard when I came up to her. I had some cat food and she was starving so after some coaxing & following her under cars & in bushes my daughter and I were able to catch her. She ate all the food I gave her and was already purring on Angel's lap (my daughter) within a few hours of being at our home. I took her to the vet this morning. She is approximately 10 weeks old. She weighs 1.75 pounds and should weigh around 3 pounds at this age. She is a little pale & has worms so she was given worm medicine. She also had some flea dirt so she was given flea meds. I have her on Hills Urgent Care AD mixed with SuppliCal. She is very frail, you can feel every bone down her spine & her legs are so bony. My vet says she was starving and pretty much used up all her muscle mass just to keep going. Because of that she's walking kind of crouched right now but shouldn't be for long now that she's eating properly and being taken care of. My vet says that we will be amazed with how quickly she recovers from this and gains weight and start acting like a normal kitten. In the video you'll hear her meow! To me she sounds like a little old lady :) No, she doesn't have a name yet. I'm thinking we might give her a Game of Thrones name since I was crawling around all over someone's yard in the dark trying to catch her while the Game of Thrones finale was on & I love that show ;) We'll see what her personality is like first and then see what fits. Right now she is set up in our hall bathroom just like we do with all new kitties. I'll keep you all posted on how she's doing. https://youtu.be/AB1a8gz6Noc

6 comments:

  1. Carrie, what a great video, showing the transformation of Arya. And she looks so very healthy now. Arya is so lucky you all found her, took her in, and nursed her back to health. Not only does she have a terrific human family but great fur baby siblings as well.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you rescued this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Carrie, I saw that video about Arya and it was so pathetic how she was really on her last legs of life. Then you showed her after several weeks and what a change! She is doing so well and looks so good! Hurray for you! Loved how Ani was so sceptical about her and now are good friends. Same with Mika. Hugs and purrs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! :) She is doing great now, She turned a year old sometime in June & weighs 12 pounds now :D xoxo!

      Delete